Women: Special Privileges
1. Every policeman is duty bound to ensure that women are treated with due respect. There is no exception to this rule.
2. In cases, where a woman is complainant, police will make enquiries and investigations expeditiously and arrest the accused immediately.
3. When an occasion to arrest a woman or to interrogate a woman witness arises, it is binding upon the police to keep a woman police personnel present.
4. If a woman is accused, she shall be treated with dignity, irrespective of the nature of the crime committed.
5. Normally, neither women be arrested, nor called to a police station between sunset and sunrise. However, under exceptional circumstances, if it is necessary to arrest them or call them to a police station, it is binding upon the police to allow their relatives to stay with them.
6. Accused women are to be kept in the cells specially reserved for them. If there is no separate room for them, they are to be kept in the visitor's room.
7. A rape victim may ask for her medical examination to be conducted by a female doctor.
8. She can also choose to give her statement to lady police personnel. As far as practicable, a lady police officer shall be deputed for this job. If it is not possible, it shall be ensured that some local women must be present at the time of registration of FIR and recording of statement.
9. Sangli Police is committed to provide a decent treatment to all the citizens, especially women. Any aberrations must be brought to the notice of senior officers.
In Case of Complaint
At first, please meet Senior Inspector of the Police Station. If the problem persists, meet Sub Divisional Police Officer of your division or to Addition Superintendent of Police (ASP) of your District. Names, addresses and phone numbers of all these officers have been given on this site.